Monday, September 21, 2009

Be Informed


I'll keep this review short so I don't waste your time like going to see The Informant will. I know the movie has been getting great reviews. And I know Matt Damon has made some great movies (Good Will Hunting, The Bourne Triology, The Departed, etc.) . And I know Steven Soderbergh has as well (Sex, Lies, and Videotape; Traffic; Ocean's 11, etc.). But this just isn't one of them.

Damon plays Mark Whiteacre, a bipolar whistleblower who works as an informant for the FBI for about 3 years. And in his defense, he does do a pretty damn good job in this movie. He really does. But, despite a few funny moments when Damon is narrating the film through Whiteacre's inner monologue that remind me of listening to some Demetri Martin standup, I constantly found myself just wishing the movie was over. It's slow and boring and, as a friend of mine who saw it with me noted, you really just keep waiting for something cool to happen, but it never does.

Bottom line: Don't bother. (D)

No comments:

Post a Comment