Thursday, October 22, 2009

This Week In Movies


This is a new segment that bip-bip. will be bringing you every week letting you know what movies are coming out every weekend and what we recommend you go see/avoid. It'll be mostly limited to higher profile films that readers of this blog might actually go see, but I'll occasionally throw in some of the "little guys." I have to admit that I mostly ignore what critics think of movies and really like to judge for myself (and I recommend that you all do the same), but I'll still go ahead and give you my thoughts on whatever movies are opening on a given week. Here's this week's edition:

Movies I Want to See:

Ong-Bak 2: The Beginning -- I already posted about this here.

Movies I Would Go See:

The Vampire's Assistant -- I don't know why I continue to believe in John C. Reilly, but I do...

Amelia -- Ever since Million Dollar Baby, I keep waiting for another good Hilary Swank movie. I don't have high hopes for this one either, but I'd give it a shot...

Astroboy -- I don't have kids, but if I did, I'd take 'em to see this. Otherwise you'll end up sitting through Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

Movies I Would Never Go See:

Saw VI -- Memo to Hollywood: Please, please, please do not make Saw VII.

Stan Helsing -- I'm generally not a fan of crappy spoof movies (the exception that proves the rule is Not Another Teen Movie -- infinitely funnier than its peers).

No comments:

Post a Comment